Design spotlight: Tempo's efficient QR code modal
Time tracking tool Tempo is on a mission to make it easier and more efficient for teams to plan and track their time. When Tempo released their mobile app in 2019, they used Appcues to create a modal window that would make it simple for users to learn about and download the app.
What we like about this ReallyGood modal window:
- The vertical orientation is a nice touch for an announcement about mobile—the dimensions feel vaguely phone-like. Most users won't pick up on this detail, but it likely speeds up comprehension of the modal content.
- The image is simple but interesting—the mobile app illustration breaks the frame of the circle, which catches the eye.
- The copy is short and sweet, but still informative. Smart use of spacing and different text styles make this modal easy to scan for important information.
- You don't see QR codes on your screen every day—the presence of one in this modal grabs the users' attention.
- It makes it super fast and easy to download the Tempo mobile app.