Design spotlight: Qordoba's gorgeous, thoughtful onboarding flow
We're constantly delighted and impressed by our customers and the flows they create with Appcues. And while we don't like to play favorites, this onboarding flow from Qordoba—an AI writing assistant for businesses—really blew us a way (and earned quite a few 😍 reactions when it was shared in Slack!).
Check it out!
5 steps to activation
Qordoba greets its free trial users with 5 beautifully designed modals. The succinct onboarding flow does a great job of reiterating Qordoba's key value propositions, introducing new users to key parts of the product, and driving them to toward an activation event (installing the Chrome Extension).
Why we love this ReallyGood onboarding flow
- It's visually stunning. We love that the illustrations break the modal frame a bit—it creates visual interest and makes each modal feel more dynamic.
- Qordoba's brand comes through loud and clear. Plenty of white space, bold headers, and a cohesive color scheme make this flow feel like a native, intentional part of the overall brand experience, rather than an afterthought.
- The descriptive progress indicator at the top of each modal lets users know exactly how many steps are left in the flow, and what they can expect next.
- The images in each modal do a fantastic job of illustrating the value of each feature.
- It culminates in a clear directive—install the Chrome Extension—that capitalizes on high user motivation.